• Editorial Intern
TheSolarDigest.com is looking for an Editorial intern to write articles and manage social media campaigns. The ideal candidate is working towards a Journalism or English major, be familiar with social media marketing, and be motivated to promote renewable energy.
Regular assignments will include research and writing articles, and posting on various platforms including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. The editorial intern will receive valuable social media training and regular reviews for guidance.
The Editorial Internship is a part-time, unpaid position, 3 months in length. There is an opportunity for paid freelance work after the internship is completed. This position is based in NYC but you will be able to work from home and pick your own schedule. However, we expect you to visit our downtown Manhattan office 2 times per month for meetings. Travel expenses provided.
- Research topics and content opportunities.
- Write one article per week.
- Edit and improve existing articles.
- Manage editorial calendar.
- Attend social media training sessions.
- Create social media posts and manage campaigns.
- Learn and participate in developing videos for articles.
- You are an excellent writer.
- Working towards a degree in Journalism or English.
- Passionate about fighting climate change and promoting a green economy.
- Digitally savvy, including familiarity with WordPress and social media platforms.
How to Apply
We will consider applications on a rolling basis.
To apply, please submit the following to [email protected]
1) Cover Letter
2) Resume or LinkedIn
3) Three Writing Samples (files or urls)
Thank you for your interest in promoting renewable energy!